Monday, February 2, 2009

Bears shit salt!?!?

I'm just relaying important survival information. My wife was driving me back from a doctors appointment (I'm still not pregnant), when we sort of traded places. I should back up a sec and give a little background here. My wife has this odd tendency to ask really off the wall questions out of nowhere. Like can you skate in a pool that has water in it? How would you go about buying a camel in the Northwest? Which then forces me to try an answer said off the wall question as best as I possibly can. So there we are, driving home from the doctor (no more cream!!!), and I come up with, "How would you find salt if you were stranded out in the middle of a forest?" I'm not sure where this thought came from, but it was starting to bug me. Her best idea was to follow other animals around and look for them licking the ground and then that would probably be a good place to find salt. Now, if you have ever been hiking, following an animal that doesn't want to be followed, and none of them do, it's damn near impossible. Second, I don't think that licking dirt that another animal has licked is a good answer. Then she tells me that , "You could watch where a bunch of butterflies have grouped together on the ground. Oh, wait. They were on a pile of poop when I saw that."

OK

ummmmm, NOOOOOO. I think I'll pass on that one thank you honey. Actually, I'm glad she finished that thought because if I ever get stranded in the forest I won't investigate what the butterflies are going over on the ground in the forest. But it got me thinking about the bear shitting in the woods joke, and somehow that was twisted around to a bear shitting salt. Then I thought to myself, "I don't KNOW that it wouldn't be salty...", and you know what? That is the way it's going to stay. Period. Still, is bear shit natures Gatorade?

That's the most offensiveness that I can come up with for now.

1 comment:

  1. I did not ask if you could skate in a pool, I asked if you could swim with skates on. Whole different thought. And it did make sense. 'Cause you could skate onto a ramp and land in the pool. It would be fun. Unless you can't swim with skates on. That would suck.

    ReplyDelete