Thursday, February 5, 2009

Is Weirdness Genetic?

Tonight I was in the kitchen cooking when my wife and son were playing cards in the living room. They started telling each other knock knock jokes or something. SHE was telling knock knock jokes, my son was trying to make them up like most kids (and like most kids failing). I'm only kind of hearing this when all of a sudden my son belts out "I'M THE QUEEN OF FARTS!!!" I was between cracking up and asking myself "where the hell did that come from!"

Part 2



Do you think ADD might be contagious? One of my super powers (I have 4 that I know of so far) is that I can not answer a question, yet make you walk away thinking I gave you an answer. You will wonder what I said, but you won't be able to remember. My wife says I would make a great politician. It happens to her all of the time. Man, if I was a politician... I would run for president, but only if I got to pick the interns. Anyway, I think I figured out the whole not answering thing. When I'm thinking of how to answer a question put to me (Like, "when will you get home?") I tend to talk about something while I'm thinking about the answer. I go over what I am doing the next day, what may come up and stuff like that. Before you know it, you are off on a nice tangent with me, and then we end the conversation and you go off with a weird feeling that you missed something. Have no fear though, there isn't anything to miss, because I never answered your question. Maybe I could get a job as a consultant for politicians who are in a tough spot and need to shift the attention away from whatever bad thing they got caught doing. I could get a code name like Smokescreen or The Invisible Answer man.

Anyway, you know how I know this is a super power? Do you remember the question that was asked in the beginning without peeking above?


No comments:

Post a Comment