Saturday, March 21, 2009

I Ate a Squirrelburger

I love misleading headlines. I did eat a squirrel burger today, but it didn't have any squirrel in it. I'm not sure why they called it a squirrel burger either. It was a burger with a slice of ham, a fried egg, lettuce, tomato, cheddar cheese, swiss cheese, and this amazing honey mustard sauce. It was AWESOME! I was nervous trying something like that, but I am oh so glad I did.

This was at the Calapooia Brewry in Albany, OR. If you are ever anywhere even near Portland, make the 45 minute trip to this great little pub. It's not in the best looking neighborhood, but their brews are pretty freaking amazing, the people that hang out there are great, and the food knocked my socks off.

OH! So I am on a little mini vacation with my beautiful wife watching a couple of horse show events. Guess what I saw yesterday. Carnies! I keep telling you they breed like rats. That's probably a survival mechanism for them though since the average life span of a carny is around 42 years since they all eat a horrible diet, drink a lot of cheap booze, don't bathe (unless they are part a dunk tank scam)(which almost never happens), and smoke crack. I was wondering if they are only born with 12 teeth, but then I realized that it's probably do to their lifestyle choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment